Monday, August 18, 2014

A Very Unlikely New Blog For Your Roll




There's a new blogger out there whose passion for cardboard makes no Earthly sense.  His name is Kevin of the new blog The Card Papoy.  Kevin is from France, but he has spent enough time in the States that his English is solid and his writing is conversational.

What surprises me most about Kevin is that he started collecting cards before he made it to the U.S. (???!).  He learned to love cardboard with no real understanding of baseball or much real access to cards at all.  It's the craziest thing.

I've started reading his blog, excited for his completely unique, probably one-of-a-kind perspective on what is a common and naturally-occurring hobby among American youth.  Plus he likes Griffey, so there's that.

So do the diplomatic thing and go read his blog!  And while you're at it, thank him for the Statue of Liberty, kissing with tongues, and the coarsest mustards known to man.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so warm inside...thanks !
    My english is (hopefully) above average because my mom's canadian and I've always spoken english to her. I also spent a year in New York (that's why I collect Knicks cards) when I was 11.

    A good thing I started reading the backs of cards before sabermetrics ! THAT would've confused me. Still does, actually.

    thanks again for bringing me new readers, looks like I'm in good company

    ReplyDelete