Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Plaque Buildup I Can Live WIth


I know I've been kind of absent from the blogsphere over the last few weeks, but I thought tonight would be a great time to poke my head out of the sand for a moment.

It's official - Junior got 99.3% of the votes, the highest ever. I had plans to make it to the induction somehow, but now with a little one on the way that probably isn't in the cards. I am excited, though, that when I do make it to Cooperstown someday I'll get to see the Kid's face on a plaque. Now that'll be a Wallet Card photo.

And let's not forget about Mike Piazza, one of my favorite guys to collect in the 90's. The Kid is in great company. Well deserved, all. It's a great day for 90's collectors!

Oh, and we can do this now:


8 comments:

  1. Pinnacle certainly had it right with that checklist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm ... I figured you'd make a little bigger deal of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so stupid that a few didn't vote for him. Hall of Fame voters are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those HOF plaques look more like tombstones than a celebratory accolade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my ticket booked to go this year. Will be the 2nd time (I went in 2009), but I'm even more excited this time.

    I hear you on the little one. My first kid's due date was the Sunday Barry Larkin was inducted. I really wanted to go - at the time I only lived 3 hours away - but my wife went 10 days past her due date so driving that far away wasn't realistic. I tried to use that to push for his middle name to be "Larkin", but shockingly was denied :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always cool to see players you followed get into Cooperstown... but when it's your favorite player, it's just a little bit more special. So Congratulations are in order... both for The Kid... and the kid you have on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If his plaque doesn't have his hat backwards, it will be a travesty.

    ReplyDelete